My friend and I proceeded to do a year-in-review over dinner a month ago. Our conclusion:
2011 was a mess. I made great friends and had lots of adventures but a mess nonetheless as I had no direction in my life.
I have high hopes for 2012.
Currently, I am 2 months shy of turning 25. I live in Washington, DC. (No, I am not an intern for Capitol Hill). I work three jobs that help me pay the rent and feel like a real “adult,” but they are nowhere near what I am passionate about or what I would like to pursue as a career. I got rejection letters from my graduate schools (honestly, not a surprise since I applied pretty late)…and I’m beginning to get tired of living in the city.
I am not a resolution type of person, but I actually wrote some this year because I am making 2012 a starting point to change my life and pursue happiness.
- Take better care of myself (eat healthier, run/do yoga/bike/surf more, go to doctors and dentists for regular check-ups)
- Take more risks (go out more by myself, meet more strangers)
- ….But be responsible (save up some money)
- Be more loving (to my boyfriend, family, and friends)
- Be kinder to myself (not compare myself to everyone and criticize myself/be envious of what I lack)
- Do work that I love without thinking about how it will benefit me in the future
- Learn all the things I want to learn (guitar, skateboarding, cooking, French, German, all the biology and chemistry I have forgotten, global affairs, gardening, and…..how to blog!)
We’ll see how long this lasts! (See #7)
As wordpress aptly put it on my intro post…