This past Sunday in the northeastern corner of the US was rain all day long. Boo. Happy Earth Day and all, but I had plans to build a garden!
Maybe it’s just me, but rain makes me tired. I already slept a miraculous whole 12 hours, so I needed to do something to not waste an entire day.
Luckily, I just made a trip to the grocery store so I had several ingredients at hand…..which included the sack of red potatoes from a brunch that never happened.
I referred to this basic recipe for breakfast potatoes as a guideline. Below are the specifics on what I did:
- Wash and boil 5 small/medium unpeeled red potatoes for about 25 minutes until somewhat soft enough for you to put a skewer/fork/knife through it.
- Cut the potatoes into cube-like pieces.
- Slice 1 medium onion and cook in skillet with a little bit of oil.
- Add tumeric, pepper, salt and Baron’s Savoury Secrets San Francisco Seasoning #62 (a mixture including paprika, ginger, cardamom) to the onions, but do not mix.
- Pile on potatoes in the skillet and stir. Add more spices to taste.
- Add some fresh spinach leaves to the mix right before you turn off the heat.
Yay for rainy Sunday productivity! Enjoy!