Not that this is a bad thing, but this blog is slowly becoming all about food! I am so glad that my housemates and I signed up for this CSA and that we get together to make meals weekly. It is fun to experiment with recipes and new vegetables!
But since my motive for starting the blog was to serve as somewhat of a journal for post-retirement me, I would like to add have some variety so when I read this then, I will remember other things besides the fact that I ate a lot of yummy vegetables. Must find time to finish all of my half-written drafts of posts!!!!
Here’s what’s coming up for us tomorrow:
- 1 Head Green Cabbage – Certified Organic – TBA
- 1 Pint Red Raspberries – Certified Organic – Freedom Acres Farm
- 1 Head Green Romaine Lettuce – Certified Organic – Healthy Harvest Organics
- 1 Bunch Collards – Certified Organic – Soaring Eagle Acres
- 3 Pieces Green Zucchini – Certified Organic – Autumn Blend Organics
- 1 Bag Young Red Russian Kale – Elm Tree Organics
- 1 Bag White Cucumbers – Certified Organic – Liberty Branch Farm
- 1 Bunch Chioggia Candystripe Beets – Certified Organic – Plum Hill Farm
Yay!!! More zucchinni! And cucumbers!
One of my favorite pasttimes is love eating cucumbers cold from the fridge on a hot summer day. It is indeed summer!